The World's Most Innovative Vehicle Transport System Patent Pending
The Harding Steel VTS-2 (Vehicle Transport System) is a first-of-its-kind hydraulic lift system designed for transporting vehicles from street level to subterranean parking areas below grade. This system is specifically useful for
subterranean automotive lifts
commercial garage lifts
. This VTS-2 system can also be used for
residential garage lifts.
The system has been expressly designed for private residences and small commercial applications where valuable vehicles need to be safely transported to underground motorcourts or parkades for storage or display.
The VT-2 system uses the same single scissors hydraulic undercarriage as our popular VTS-1 system, however the VTS-2 machine incorporates a second platform that serves to fill the opening at the grade level when the machine is lowered into the sub basement area. The upper platform system using a patent pending telescope design that allows the platform to separate from the lower platform as the lower platform is lowered into the basement. This design creates a new level of safety and security in homes where an open hole in the floor of the garage creates a safety risk of design obstacle for the homeowner. The second platform also provides a permanent parking place at grade level even while the VTS-2 is lowered in to the basement.
CARPARX© VTS-2 is a safe, cost effective way to move vehicles from one level to another, while both minimizing design challenges and creating additional parking. While not designed for commercial "vehicle elevator" applications or for large multi-family dwellings, it is extremely effective for low-volume vehicle transport applications in private home, estates, boutique hotels, or small multi-family dwellings. Floor-to-floor transport distances normally vary from 9' to 12'. The VTS system is strictly an unmanned system and is not intended for transporting people or for transporting vehicles with passengers aboard.
Designed and built in North America, the Harding Steel CARPAR X© VTS-2 can be customized to meet the exacting demands of our client's projects. Length of platforms, width of platforms, and vertical rise dimensions can be custom configured. Each VTS-2 system is build-to-order and installed by Harding Steel at each client location.
- 100% premium steel construction
- Commercial grade design and materials
- Single, high-capacity scissors architecture for unsurpassed stability
- Four high-capacity hydraulic cylinders
- Lower level transport platform can move vehicles weighing up to 7500 pounds.
- Telescoping upper level platform creates a protective steel plate over the opening in the garage floor that will also support a vehicle weighing up to 6000 pounds for day-to-day parking.
- Suitable for indoor installation
- 220V high flow hydraulic power pack and controls
- Oversized all diamond-plate steel platforms handle full size SUVs and trucks
- Quality enamel paint finish throughout
- Mechanical locking system for the upper position
Design and Technical Support:
- Platform is free of all trip hazards, pit gaps, or protruding columns
- Key-operated control switches for security and safety
- Hydraulic velocity fuses on all cylinders
- Automatic shut-off if operator releases the key-switch
- Wiring block for integrating safety interlock devices
- Optional sensor and interlock kits available
- Seismic certified in the Sate of California
- Transport systems must be properly enclosed and/or gated for safe operation.
Harding Steel provides complete design support for architects, builders, and construction professionals on all aspects of pit construction and facility design for all VTS systems. Harding Steel also provides complete delivery, installation, and commissioning services throughout North America.