High Density Vehicle Storage Rack System
Models: 2 Level, 3 Level
Uses: The High Density Vehicle Storage Rack System (HDVSRS) has been developed for the storage of vehicles that have been collected due to extensive damage, police evidence, parking impound violations, abandonment, and automotive recycling operations. Vehicles do not need to be started for storage or retrieval.
Vehicles with extensive damage or immobilized can be stored on any level of the storage rack systems.
With proper planning and implementation, the Vehicle Storage Rack System can become a revenue producing component to parking, impound, and law enforcement operations.
The High Density Vehicle Storage Rack System is a cost effective solution for municipalities, salvage yards, and impound facilities that are faced with a problem with storing a large amount of vehicles. The system has been derived from the recreational marine storage facilities found all over the country. The steel racks are engineered and produced by Harding Steel and are paired with a fork lift system to place the vehicles onto the storage racks.
The Harding Steel Storage Rack System utilizes basic structural steel, 100% hot dipped galvanized, and has been structurally engineered specifically for this purpose. There are specific site preparations that will be required by Harding Steel in order to effectively install the Vehicle Storage Rack System. Please contact Harding Steel directly to discuss your specific needs.
Ease of Use:
• The Vehicle Storage Rack System units have been designed to accommodate a majority of vehicles used in the US market
• Structurally engineered for long term use, seismic design
• Engineered for varying slopes throughout the parking facility
• Wide approach angle for fork lift trucks to place vehicles on the Vehicle Storage Rack System
• Installed on an "angular" or "herringbone" space layout to allow easy maneuverability for the fork lift operators and vehicles
• Basic steel erection skills required for installation
• No maintenance required, only periodic inspections
• No mechanical parts
• No electrical or hydraulic power requirements
• Extremely cost effective
Client list includes New York City Police Department Impound Lot
This is a custom configured solution.
Slated to open in the fall of 2011, this facility (pictured) is the largest municipal impound vehicle lot in the world employing vertical
storage rack systems.
Please contact Harding Steel to discuss your project.